9/16/11

Cape Vincent Democratic Chairman screws up the local Democratic caucus.

JLL Political Analyst
Carol Rove
My brother Karl once told me if you wanna win a caucus, hold the caucus in a closet. But ya gotta get your guys into the closet first. "It helps if you create a lot of confusion about when the caucus is and how it works, too." he says. My brother is such a little sweetie. He forgot those tricks were my idea.


You see, I had to sleep in the same bed as my little brother until he was thirteen. I taught him all I know about politics. He made the big time, I made the small time, but what the hell. I live good, real good. It pays to be pretty.

A little earlier tonight, the Cape Dems had their caucus. I made my boyfriend go to hear stuff. His wife lets him outta the house for "politics". We met later, so it was a win-win.

The first thing he tells me is that the Democrats wasted their time gettin' together tonight because the head Dem Chairman guy forget to tell the election people on time that they were meetin'. I says to him, "Dumb ass, when did that ever matter to you boys? It's jest a rule." "Good point", he says, "Beside the Board of Elections don't enforce crap!"

But then he goes on to tell me that the Cape Democratic chair, Harold Wiley, did say that there would be no Democratic line on the Cape Vincent local ballot this year because he did "forget" to file the caucus date on time. So, this November 8, the people they selected at tonight's meeting will be write in candidates, only.

Liz Brennan wants to be a write-in candidate for Village Trustee.  Wind lease conflicted town councilmen Marty Mason and Donald Mason want you to write in their names.  Wind lease conflicted Joe Wood wants you to write his name in for County Legislature. Kirk Grant wants to people to write his name in for judge. And Danny Hubbard wants you to write his name in for Highway Superintendent. The Urban Hirschey guy gets a free ride. Well almost a free ride.

Then someone actually said they were going to go to school to learn how to do a write-in. I bet my brother Carl could help with that. He learned to write in the fourth grade. Someone else said they should do a blog. Not a blog like this one, a positive one. Tell me, do I look negative to you?

Jim Wiley said the "screw up" was his fault and Harold Wiley said it was "his fault" and Darrell Aubertine said all is not lost and they should stick with the caucus system because it is grass roots and works so well.

But just the same, the Democratic committee will meet shortly on whether or not to continue with the caucus system or go to the primary. Provided they can remember to tell each other the date of their meeting, that is.

When my brother Carl reads this he will think I have made it all up. I hope my dumb ass boyfriend got his facts straight. 

20 comments:

Anonymous said...

Nope. I don't believe Harold forgot. He may have apologized for the miscue, but something important is missing. Harold was a frequent visitor to the Jefferson County Board of Elections this summer in order to keep tabs on the unethial, immoral Republican voter drive. He had many, many opportunities to be reminded of his filing deadline. Besides, you can't tell me Sean Hennessey, the county BOE Democrat deputy, would not have reminded him.

I don't buy forgetfulness, even from an octogenarian. I think Harold was suffering from voter registration paranoia. Maybe he thought those pesky seasonals might march into his caucus and turn things upside down. Well, the ghosts of the seasonals sure as hell showed up at tonight's caucus and created a disaster. Yes sir, the Dems made quite a disaster. Another bad night for Acciona and British Petroleum.

Anonymous said...

Why didn't wind lease conflicted Joe Wood just join the Gary King Conservative Conflict of Interest Party?

Anonymous said...

This could be a problem for Danny Hubbard. If anyone wants to be highway man, now is a good time. Just ask your friends to write you in.

Anonymous said...

Harold and Jim Wiley must step down. You screwed up our party.

Anonymous said...

these guys are a joke.the best one is joe wood wanting to be a county legislator .must be he still works for acciona.

Anonymous said...

I am sure the Jef legs want the embarrassment of Joe Wood bringing wind corruption into their sacred hall.
What a fracking joke.

Anonymous said...

So, they have thrown Danny Hubbard under the bus.
They already have their guys on the Gary King Conservative Conflict of Interest Party. That really stinks. I know a couple guys that would go for Danny's position now that they only have to get write ins.

Anonymous said...

The only people that have to be written in are Brennan, Hubbard and Wood. But you can write in anybody you want

Small Mason said...

Write in?

Ain't that illegal, immoral and just plain dumb?

Anonymous said...

Like I said, the only person un-apposed that has to be written in is Danny Hubbard. I can't believe Harold would do that to him. Now someone could easily oppose him on his own. That really pisses me off.
Harold threw him under the bus!!!!!!!!!

Anonymous said...

So, how does the highway super get listed on the ballot?

Anonymous said...

Like you should follow Aubertine's advice. He is the one that got them all into trouble with the wind lease conflicts in the first place.

Anonymous said...

Donny and Marty are cooked. Stick a fork in them. They are done.

Anonymous said...

Did Danny Hubbard sign the petition that led to the illegal vote?

Karl Rove said...

Dear Carol Rove

It is NOT the Democratic Party....there is nothing Democratic about them. Please correct this error. It is the Democrat Party.

Rick needs to correct that too.

This is a common mistake, but calling that bunch of yahoos Democratic couldn't be further from the truth.

Thanks
Your loving and much smarter brother Karl.
P.S. It would also help increase your intelligence if you started dating a seasonal. They know how to win elections.

inquiring Minds Want to Know said...

What does this fiasco do to future Democrat lines. Don't they have to get so many votes in this election in order to be placed on the next election ballot after the November General.

If the Dems have no votes, are they legally reconized as a party for the 2012 Presidential election on the Cape Vincent ballot.

If not, wouldn't that be a real hoot. It would make Gary King more powerful than the Wiley's.
No Dems would have a major line on the ballot.

Anonymous said...

11:15

Yes, he did. Harold Wiley then used his signature to try to take away people's vote. Danny supported that but now they threw him under the the bus.

RWiley said...

Dear Karl,

Thanks for the reminder. I always struggle with that. It goes back to my Democrat days when I actually thought Democrats were Democratic. But after the Cape Vincent Democrats and the Democrat Chairman and the less than democratic Mason, Mason and Orvis passed an un-democratic illegal and unconstitutional voting law I now more clearly understand the difference.

Fortunately, I no longer have to use the word during the Cape Vincent Campaign.

As for your sister, I can't do a damn thing with her. Did you know she was having an affair? With a guy from the Democratic, I mean Democrat Party?

Anonymous said...

I heard that Sister Carol has been seeing Peter Gross. "The night has a thousand eyes."

Carol Rove said...

That is a lie!