All endorsing Republican committees in new 21st Congressional District back Matt Doheny
ELIZABETHTOWN – The Essex, Warren and Washington Republican committees all recently announced their support of Matt Doheny, giving the Watertown businessman a perfect 11-for-11 in GOP endorsements in the 21st Congressional District.
"Essex County is proud for the second time in 2 years to endorse Matt Doheny as our congressional candidate,” said Republican Chairman Ron Jackson, whose county committee met Wednesday. “Matt is the American dream. He has worked hard, earned a college scholarship, and made the most of it. Not only has Matt been successful as a businessman, but he has not been afraid to help out local contractors and suppliers that pay sales tax to Jefferson and surrounding counties. I am proud to call Matt not just our candidate, but my personal friend."
The Washington County Republican Committee picked Doheny unanimously Wednesday.
“Although we’ve just met Matt, committee members warmed to him immediately,” said Chairman John Patterson. “He has the traits we’re looking for in a candidate: competence, total commitment, adherence to Republican values and most importantly, real integrity.”
Warren County Republicans completed Doheny’s clean sweep with an unanimous endorsement Thursday.
“While we were saddened by the loss of Chris Gibson from our new district, last night Matt Doheny wowed our committee,” said Chairman Mike Grasso. “With Matt as our congressman, we are confident that our voices will continue to be heard in Washington.”
Doheny said: “It is humbling to receive the support of all 11 Republican committees in the 21st district which endorsed this year. With Conservative and Independence Party support, I intend to give voters a clear choice for their future – one that involves better jobs, limited taxes and less government interference in our lives.”
These are the latest in a series of endorsements for Doheny, a Watertown businessman.
He also received support this campaign from:
- New York State Independence Party & New York State Conservative Party
- Clinton, Franklin, Fulton, Hamilton, Herkimer, Jefferson, Saratoga and St. Lawrence Republican committees (Note: The Lewis County Republican Committee did not endorse a candidate in accordance with its bylaws, but Doheny received support from Committee Chairman Rocky Fawcett and former Chairman Sam Villanti, Legislature Chairman Jack Bush, Legislator Rick Lucas and County Clerk Doug Hanno.)
- Franklin, Madison, Oswego, St. Lawrence County and Warren Conservative committees
- Upstate New York Tea Party
- Essex County Acting Conservative Committee Chairman Bill McGahay; Jefferson TEA Party Chairman Chuck Ruggiero