In March 2104, British Petroleum pulled the plug on a proposed Cape Vincent, NY USA industrial wind turbine sacrifice zone.....

"Reports claim the decision to pull the plug on the project follow years of controversy in the community as the majority of residents were against the plan"....ENERGYLIVE NEWS , Feb. 28, 2014



Friday, March 2, 2012

Searchlight, Nevada native and Senate Majority Leader Harry Reed is a NIMBY.

And, Harry is a very lucky NIMBY, indeed.

Because, in response to his town's objections to a massive 161 industrial turbine project, the original plan has been trimmed down to only 87 turbines. And the eliminated turbines would have been west of the town.

Harry Reid, Majority Leader of the U.S. Senate just happens to have a home west of the town of Searchlight and has escape having turbines in his backyard.
Harry Reid, Senate Majority leader is a NIMBY
who did not want a power facility built
near his home.

There is no indication that Harry was one of the searchlight residents who have recently complained  to the town board about the proposed crapping up of his town of Searchlight with turbines.

But back in 2001 when an Oklahoma-based company wanted to build a gas-fired power plant near Searchlight, Harry objected. His objection was based on the fact that the project would crap up his town and the power it produced was going to be sent to California. He did not want to look at it.

Harry ended his plea to the town board of Searchlight with this:


“I was born in Searchlight. My parents, grandparents, brother and other relatives are buried in the Searchlight cemetery. I graduated, as did my three brothers, from Searchlight Elementary. My Nevada home is in Searchlight. I expect to retire in Searchlight. I love to come home and breath the fresh air and see the vistas from my home. This proposed power plant would forever foul the air and ruin the beautiful views of the mountains I love, not only for me, but everyone that lives in Searchlight.

“I would hope for the residents of Searchlight and basic fairness, you would recommend against this monstrosity.”

Harry