Sunday, April 15, 2012

Governor Cuomo is confused about the majesty of his State.

Holy crap! Last week the Golden Crescent, Oswego Shores and the Thousand Island Region received word that New York State Governor Andrew Cuomo wanted to crap up Lake Ontario with hundreds of ugly industrial wind turbines. When I heard that, I near had a hissy fit. Holy crap!

But, today, I feel much better.

Because in my morning email the same governor told me how lucky I was to have such a beautiful back yard. Here is his message to me:


Dear Fellow New Yorker (That would be me!),

Our state is one of the most beautiful in the nation – from the shores of Long Island to the mighty Niagara Falls, from the Finger Lakes to the Adirondacks, and everything in between. (I am in between.) New York's 178 state parks offer countless opportunities to explore your natural environment and experience exciting new adventures.


Hey Governor Cuomo!
Check out this Rollin Hanson photo that shows
what industrial wind turbines do to the majesty
of your beautiful State.
As the weather warms up, we hope you consider planning a trip to one of New York’s stunning state parks. Imagine pitching a tent near the St. Lawrence River (Wow! That's where I live!) or one of the state’s many lakes (Like Ontario, for example.), waking up surrounded by the majesty of the woods, bicycling through the mountains, or cooking breakfast in a cabin overlooking the "Grand Canyon of the East. (The other day he said he wanted to change all that with Lake Ontario wind turbines.)

You are one of the many lucky New Yorkers with spectacular scenery in your own backyard. (Hey Gov! Bp wants to put wind turbines in my back yard. They will sit high above, overlook and crap up the St. Lawrence! Holy Crap!) In the Thousand Islands alone, 20 parks view will open their campsites to the public over the next month. But if you’re looking to venture away from home, head to the vast Adirondacks, which host hundreds of campsites. 

The Office of the Governor

P.S. – Check out photo galleries of our state parks and see for yourself the magnificent landscape that awaits you and your family this summer.

Holy Crap, Andy. I checked out the photos. They didn't include any of those white towers of testosterone that our St. Lawrence River visitors now see on Wolfe Island from our local State Parks.